- 2 1/2 c oats (regular or quick is fine)
- 1 c plain nonfat greek yogurt
- 1 large ripened banana or 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 T baking powder
- 3/4 t baking soda
- 1 t pumpkin pie spice (or 1/4 nutmeg, 1/4 cinnamon, 4 pods allspice ground and a dash of ground cloves)
- 1 c pureed pumpkin (I prefer organic from Pacific)
- 1/2 c chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray tin with non-stick cooking spray. You could also use a silicone muffin pan. (I don’t recommend using paper liners for these).
- Place all of the liquid ingredients in the blender (including pumpkin), and then blend adding oats in 1/2 c at a time until smooth. You may need to stop the blender a few times to stir. Stir in chopped walnuts after blending is complete.
- Divide batter among 12 muffin cups and bake for 20-25 min. or until toothpick comes out clean.