- 2 1⁄2 medium zucchinis, sliced lengthwise about 1/4 inch thick
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef or turkey or chicken ( or you don’t have to use any meat)
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped (I omit due to allergies)
- 2 small tomatoes, cut up
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste or sauce (depends on how thick you want this)
- 1 garlic clove, minced (or garlic powder)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2cup low fat cottage cheese and low fat ricotta cheese (or low fat or fat free ricotta or just cottage cheese)
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded (I use 8 oz. divided or more or less.. depending on personal preference)
Be Creative with your ingredients because you can make this to your taste preferences along with more or less…
Add cottage cheese/ricotta, half of shredded cheese and seasonings together in a bowl.
In (1 1/2-qt.) baking-roasting pan arrange with sauce on bottom for no sticking then a layer of zucchini then the the meat then a layer of zucchini and sauce then cottage cheese/ricotta cheese mixture then a last layer of zucchini. Top with remaining zucchini, and sauce.
Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F for 60 minutes.
Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer.
Let stand 10 minutes before serving.